PAYMENT & PROMO CODES
What currency can I make payment in?
The transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR)
Cards Processing and Security
Card transactions will be acquired via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who is the approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks. PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no Card details are stored on our website. You may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
We take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of our users. For this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from http://www.polity.org.za/attachment.php?aa_id=3569
I have a promo code, how do I use it?
You can use your promo code during checkout. There will be promo code box where you can enter the code details. It will then automatically apply to your purchase.
Which payments methods do you accept?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Instant EFT transfer
When will my card be charged?
We take fraud very seriously, so all card transactions on our website are subject to validation and security check by your payment gateway and your card issuer.
I can’t make a purchase. My card is not accepted
Sometimes for security reasons, your card issuer puts limits on your card. We advise that you call your card issuer as they will be able to assist further.
What’s SID Instant EFT?
It is an easy, secure and convenient method to pay for a purchase online without using any of your credit card details.
How do SID Instant EFT works?
- Select the SID payment method at checkout
- Select your bank.
- Next, please enter your login details for your Internet banking account. Rest assured, you are logging directly into your Internet banking account, and your bank security will remain in place.
- Select the bank account you wish to pay from (If you have more than one account linked to your internet banking profile)
- Complete the payment by entering a One-time PIN received from your bank, or responding to a push message received from your bank (You will be directed back to our website once payment has been completed).
We will receive instant payment confirmation, so you don’t have to fax or email your proof of payment.
Is SID Secure?
Yes. SID is secure because:
- Your data is not stored – SID uses advanced encryption to ensure complete data protection, and although SID invokes your Internet banking service, it does not store your bank accounts login details such as usernames and passwords.
- Internet Banking Security – SID allows online payments to be made securely, via the Internet banking platforms of South Africa’s most trusted banks. SID transactions are thus subject to the same, comprehensive security provided by your bank’s Internet banking platform. You will still need to enter a One-time PIN received from your bank or respond to a push message received from your bank to complete the payment.
- 100% Trusted and Certified – SID is independently monitored and verified by leading privacy and security certification specialists, Trust Guard, and GoDaddy, thereby providing even greater protection and peace of mind.
Why choose the SID payment method?
- No shopper registration – You don’t have to register to make SID payments. Anyone with a supported Internet banking facility can use SID to pay online.
- Real-time order confirmation – An instant payment receipt is issued, so you don’t waste time waiting for payment confirmation, and your order/booking can be completed immediately.
- No credit card needed – You’re no longer forced to draw on credit to make online purchases. SID gives you the freedom to shop online without a credit card.
- Easy payment process – By automatically populating the transaction details, SID eliminates finger errors, giving you peace of mind and making payment quick and easy.
- SID is mobile friendly – SID is fully compatible with all mobile devices, allowing you to make secure payments easily via your mobile phone or tablet.
I have not received a One-time PIN via SMS, what do I do?
Some banks make use of a USSD push message for payment authorization. In such instances, you will need to respond to the push message received from your bank to complete a payment.
Other banks make use of One-time PIN payment confirmation. Occasionally, there may be issues encountered with receiving your One-time PIN SMS from the bank. If you do face any problems, please try the following steps:
- Ensure that the SIM card in your mobile device you are checking has the same number that was used to register on with your bank.
- Check your message Inbox on your mobile device to ensure that you have sufficient space to receive new incomings SMSs.
- Delayed SMS delivery may occur when your mobile device loses connection to the cellular network. Please check your connectivity.
- Try restarting the mobile device to re-establish connectivity with the cellular network.
- Check with your mobile network operator to ensure that they are not experiencing any issues. At times, there may be congestion on downstream carrier networks. The problem usually resolves itself as SMS traffic starts to clear. Please allow a few minutes before clicking on the SMS Resend button.
- If all else fails, please escalate to your bank by contacting their Internet banking helpdesk for assistance.
I need help! The SID page is continually looping
In most instances, it only takes a few minutes to complete a SID transaction. However, in some cases, your bank may return an error message or internal message within your banking profile, which may halt the SID transaction process. First, please try to refresh your browser page. If this does not resolve the issue, please login directly to your Internet banking account and check for the following:
- Ensure that any transaction limits (e.g., daily or monthly) have not been exceeded.
- Your bank may post messages and updates before you can proceed to complete a once-off payment. Please confirm any bank notices accordingly.
- Ensure that your FICA information is updated on your banking profile. If you are unable to check this via your Internet banking portal, please contact your bank’s Internet banking helpdesk for assistance.
Once the above has been completed, please log out of your Internet banking and retry the payment from our website